- New Incoming Students - For documents and surveys, go to Students and New Incoming Students Information. Please complete so that you can receive the New Incoming Student Online Meeting Invitation for June 11, 2020. Any questions please contact Mrs. Fahim on the Live Line at 646-400-9428
- What's in store for next year? Check out the department presentations by subject. Look under Academics > Department Overviews
AOFE Motivational Videos
For a little motivation and inspiration, check out these videos.
Celebrating Student Work
Summer Reading Assignments 2020
Here are the summer assignments for you to complete by September 10, 2020.
Summer School Information
If you are attending Summer School, please be sure you join the Teams Meeting and
please be sure to practice logging into the Summer School Platform by doing the following:
1. Log In to Summer School 2020 Website https://www.schools.nyc.gov/learn-at-home/summer-learning/summer-school-2020
2. Access iLearn through Teach Hub by Clicking Here
3. Sign in with your DOE account credentials.
4. Click the dark blue iLearnNYC icon.
5. You will be able to see the classes you will be taking in Summer School on June 6, 2020.
As you are applying for Internships and other Work Based Learning Activities, you may need your Working Papers. You will need to gather paper work and set up a virtual meeting with me to process your cards. Please see the attached documents. Be sure to email me the application and doctors note as an attachment when you request a meeting to JMorones@schools.nyc.gov. We will schedule the meeting through Microsoft Teams.
Assistant Principal / WBL Coordinator
AP Course Exam Materials
Click the Guide Here -> 2020 AP Exams_COVID-19_Updates_202004.pdf
AP 2020 Exam Walkthrough video
Assist AP students in resolving College Board email and and account issues
Course specific references and guides and best practices for using resources and class notes during open book/open note exams and a video on The Rules
Set Up for Pupil Path
Parent Set Up
Parents/Guardians - To request your Registration Code, complete the form by clicking here or call Mrs. Fahim at (646) 400-9428.
Then watch this short video for setting up Pupil Path for the Parents
Student Set Up
Students - Need help setting up your email in Pupil Path?
AOFE Assignment and Assessment Schedule
Here is the Schedule for Assignments and Assessments during Remote Learning.
DOE Remote Learning Survey
Parents / Guardians and Students - Please complete the DOE Remote Learning Survey by CLICKING HERE.
Do you need a device for you to participate in Remote Learning?
DOE Account and Microsoft Teams Set Up
You will need to get your DOE User Account and Sign Up for Microsoft Teams.
You will then need to join your classes using a Team Code the teachers will email you for every class. Please make sure you join.
Here is a VIDEO to help you with the process > CLICK HERE!
Please listen to Principal Armano as she addresses AOFE on Remote Learning
Get Connected for Remote Learning
In order for students to begin REMOTE LEARNING, they must be signed up for the following:
- Pupil Path - Click Here
- If a student or parent does not have your log in, please reach out to Mrs. Fahim at (646) 400-9428 between M-F 8:20AM to 2:40PM or complete the form click here
- Create a student email with the DOE Click Here
- Students - Sign up with Microsoft, so that you can Log In to your Classrooms
- Parents - Sign up to be able to log in and see your student's report cards and track their progress. Click Here
Week 2 Remote Learning Message
Good Morning AOFE! Good Luck this week!
Please watch the following message.
- Posted 5:47 PM EDT, Sunday March 15, 2020 Updated 6:29 PM EDT, Sunday March 15, 2020
Mayor Bill de Blasio and Schools Chancellor Richard A. Carranza today announced the City will move towards a new Remote Learning Model for all school days until Spring Recess. Students will not report to school buildings for instruction during this time. School buildings are scheduled to reopen to students following Spring Recess on Monday, April 20, 2020.
Monday, March 16, 2020
Tomorrow, March 16, there will be a one-day full system closure, however breakfast and lunch will be available at every building through grab-and-go meals.
For the remainder of this week, teachers and administrators will participate in professional development on remote learning, and students will begin picking up materials for continued instruction.
The schedule, as we move to remote learning, is as follows:
- Monday, March 16: Citywide closure. Students, teachers, and principals do not report.
- Tuesday, March 17: Thursday, March 19: All staff reports. Teachers and principals participate in professional development on remote learning.
- Thursday, March 19-Friday, March 20: Students who need it will be able to begin process of picking up the technology necessary for remote learning. More guidance to families will be sent this week.
- Monday, March 23: Remote learning launches, with additional guidance provided throughout the week of the 23.
Monday, March 23
Effective Monday, March 23, Regional Enrichment Centers will be available for the children of first responders, healthcare workers, and our most vulnerable populations, with more details to follow.
Additionally, remote learning will go into effect for grades K-12. DOE will support schools at all levels of readiness to deliver remote learning, and more information will be provided to families about online platforms.
PLEASE continue to visit www.aofehs.org and Pupil Path accounts for more information on remote learning in the next few days.
Chancellor Carranza Updates
- Mark 19, 2020 - Mayor Bill de Blasio and Schools Chancellor Richard A. Carranza announced the City will move towards a new Remote Learning Model for all school days until Spring Recess. Students will not report to school buildings for instruction during this time. School buildings are scheduled to reopen to students following Spring Recess on Monday, April 20, 2020.
- Coronavirus Update for Families_March 16 2020.pdf
- Coronavirus and Parent Teacher Conferences Letter - PTC Coronavirus 3 12.pdf
- March 6, 2020 Webinar on Coronavirus
- CoronaVirus Update for Families March 10 coronavirus-update-for-families_march-10-2020- 002.pdf
- Back Pack Letter CoronaVirus Update Coronavirus Update for Families_March 3 2020.pdf
Making Strides 2019
SMG Capitol Hill Challenge
See our very own Mr. Viviano and his Accounting Class in ACTION! Capitol Hill Challenge - Michael Viviano.mp4
Citi and JA @ AOFE
Citi is one of Junior Achievements Parters. They worked together to show the relationship and the work they do with our youth. See our students and AOFE in this video that has played on television this past weekend!
SIFMA NYSE Closing Bell 9/5/17
Congratulations to Mr. Viviano, Jasmeen K, and Franklin S for ringing the closing bell with SIFMA and Wells Fargo in September.
See the event here SIFMA NYSE Wells Fargo Closing Bell 9 5 17.mp4